Watch the original video caught at a beach in San Jose del Cabo & read the FACTS
Turtle nesting season has begun in Los Cabos and we were lucky enough to see a turtle releasing her eggs and getting back into the ocean. A wonderful moment lived in one of San Jose del Cabo´s beaches (discover the Blue Flag beaches in Cabo!).
Some FACTS about turtle nesting in Cabo:
– Turtles usually hatch 45 days after nesting.
– Baby turtle term sounds cute! But the correct term is “hatchling”.
– The season lasts from August to early December.
– If you are walking down the beach and see sticks coming from the sand, that means a nest may lay there. So… Be careful!
– Hatchlings don´t have to be touched by hand. So if you are willing to experience a turtle release in Cabo, we recommend you to go with an association or organization capable of guiding you.
– The Leatherback Sea Turtle might grow to weight 2000 lbs.
– At El Encanto de la Laguna beach we usually have turtle nests every season and we gather owners and renters to have the experience of releasing them —guided by a professional.
Turtle nest at El Encanto de la Laguna beach.